When I die, bury me in the walls.... 'Mab travels to Morocco - Episode I: Milan'

It is a peculiar feeling, being watched by hundreds of empty eye sockets and laughed at by hundreds of toothy grins... The stories say that one night of the year, all the skeletons leave the walls and gather for a terrifying dance of skulls and bones. Maybe that's why they are behind iron nets and glass panes now. After all, you shouldn't dance in a church....









Milan showed its fascinating hidden corners, thanks to amazing Valeria, who was my first ever couchsurfing host, and hosted us now again after 8 years! Beside the decades-abandoned bank building turned squat and public space, ossuary in St.Bernardino church and the majestic halls of St.Ambrogio church, the whispering galleries with the mind boggling acoustic mastery - or was it really people in the walls speaking to me? - and the best pistachio icecream.... we also had a lazy evening in the Afforio district in another hidden corner of Milan, glass of wine and early summer wamrth. talking about trips that have been and will be.

















Dance happened  too, Milan's tribal sister Francesca Pedretti kindly allowed me to join the rehearsal with her students for their upcoming showcase and I loved to see her direct the choreography and improvisations, and catch up after meeting last time in 2010! She has exciting projects going on and I'll be checking it out and letting you know more when I'm back from this journey...



Now it's off to dreamland for a few hours, and then off to the airport in the dawn of next day, first time on a different continent and leaving Europe. Normally I'm so excited I can't sleep the night before traveling, but there is nothing more to pack and noone to say last goodbyes to, so I can quiet my mind and fall asleep with the boarding pass for Morocco under my pillow...


0 other thoughts: